2024 Summer College for PhD Students and Early Career Researchers
Migration, Well-Being and Spatial Inclusion22 May 2024
Date and time
The fifth RSA Europe College for PhD students and early career researchers brings together researchers in their early career, established and high-profile researchers and policy experts to present latest research, policy developments and insights on migration, spatial inclusion, and regional development, through the lens of people’s well-being.
Keynote presentations will be complemented by sessions on methodologies in academic research and professional development focusing on career development, academic writing and publishing skills. The Summer College will be enriched by an excursion day to learn about well-being, migration, and inclusion and local development in real-life settings in the region.
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
Özge Öner, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Vicente Royuela, University of Barcelona, Spain
Annekatrin Niebuhr, Kiel University, Germany
Antonella Ferrara, University of Calabria, Italy
Paolo Veneri, Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy
Maria Giovanna Brandano - Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy
Daniela Carl, RSA Europe / RSA, UK
Offering a friendly and supportive setting, participants will present their research and receive valuable feedback. The Summer College offers great opportunities for socialising, networking and developing long lasting connections within a dynamic community of early career researchers, established researchers and practitioners.
The College is match funded by RSA Europe and GSSI and thus free to attend for successful applicants. Transport and accommodation costs need to be covered by participants.
We warmly invite applications from current PhD students and early career researchers (within 5 years after finishing their PhD or equivalent) who are working on regional studies, science or policy aspects of migration, wellbeing and/ or spatial inclusion.
Application documents to be submitted by Friday 1st March 2024, 10am GMT / 11am CET:
- your completed application form
- a short video (maximum of 3 minutes) introducing yourself and outlining the research project that you will be presenting at the Summer College
- a certificate:
- proving your PhD student status; or
- proving your early career status (PhD certificate);
- your CV.
Please use the link below to submit your application form, certificates and CV. Please email your short video in MP4 format (remember to include your name in the title of the file) to Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that:
- Applicants must be current PhD students or early career applicants (within 5 years of finishing their PhD or demonstrate equivalent experience);
- Applicants must be current RSA members (i.e. student member, early career member or be covered by their institution’s corporate membership);
- there is no fee to attend the Summer College;
- participants must attend the full programme of the Summer College in-person.
- Gran Sasso Science Institute