2021 #EURegionsWeekUniversity14 October 2021
Date and time
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to regional policy. This event serves as a platform for discussing and showcasing the development of EU cohesion policy and making decision-makers more aware of the importance of regions and cities in EU policymaking. More info: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/home_en
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and taking into account the related health and safety restrictions (social distancing) the 2021 #EURegionsWeek took place in a digital format.
The University Sessions were organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO)and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
The academic societies (led by RSA Europe) hosted the following 10 online sessions. The recording of the #EURegionsWeekUniversity sessions are now available on the event web:
- Alternative and local food systems (ALFS) in a post-COVID-19 World
- EU Funds, Quality of Sub-national Institutions, Rule of Law and COVID-19 Recovery
- Supporting disabled and ethnic minority entrepreneurs: an engaged scholarship approach to inclusivity
- Regional Growth Against All Odds
- Are Integrated Sustainable Urban Development Strategies contributing to a more cohesive EU territory?
- European stakeholder values regarding the Green Deal. Does space matter?
- The changing landscape of regional inequalities in the EU: economic, social and political dimensions
- Digital tools for the recovery and resilience of cities and regions during and after a pandemic
- Border regions as living spaces
- Spatial Justice in Post-Pandemic Europe