2021 #EURegionsWeekUniversity14 October 2021
Date and time
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to regional policy. This event serves as a platform for discussing and showcasing the development of EU cohesion policy and making decision-makers more aware of the importance of regions and cities in EU policymaking. More info: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/home_en In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and taking into account the related health and safety restrictions (social distancing) the 2021 #EURegionsWeek will take place in a digital format.
The University Sessions are organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO)and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
The academic societies (led by RSA Europe) will host the following 10 online sessions:
- Alternative and local food systems (ALFS) in a post-COVID-19 World; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 9:30 - 11:00 CET
- EU Funds, Quality of Sub-national Institutions, Rule of Law and COVID-19 Recovery; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 11:30 - 13:00 CET
- Supporting disabled and ethnic minority entrepreneurs: an engaged scholarship approach to inclusivity; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 14:30 - 16:00 CET
- Regional Growth Against All Odds; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 16:30 - 18:00 CET
- Are Integrated Sustainable Urban Development Strategies contributing to a more cohesive EU territory?; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- European stakeholder values regarding the Green Deal. Does space matter?; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
- The changing landscape of regional inequalities in the EU: economic, social and political dimensions; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 14:30 - 16:00 CET
- Digital tools for the recovery and resilience of cities and regions during and after a pandemic; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 16:30 - 18:00 CET
- Border regions as living spaces; Thursday, October 14, 2021, 9:30 - 11:00 CET
- Spatial Justice in Post-Pandemic Europe; Thursday, October 14, 2021, 11:30 - 13:00 CET
Registration to #EURegionsWeek 2021 is now open!
How to sign up? The #EURegionsWeekUniversity Webinars are free to attend but as places are limited, we recommend signing up as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. To register, go to https://eu.app.swapcard.com/event/eu-regions-week ; browse the programme and search “#EURegionsWeekUniversity“, then click on the session title and read the detailed description.
To register, you have to create your profile following the steps:
- To access the event on Swapcard, click here.
- Click on the button “JOIN THE EVENT” and enter your email, first name, family name and organisation.
- Your profile has been created and you are now registered to the event. You can complete your profile, browse the programme and register to sessions. The more complete your profile is, the better the automatic matchmaking will work suggesting participants to engage with!
- If you need more information on how to register and on how to use Swapcard, please read the available userguide.
- You can visit the platform any time before and during the event. The virtual exhibition will be accessible from Swapcard too from early October.
Important: The registration platform is not supported by Internet Explorer, please use any other browser to log in to the event.
To give you a flavour of what to expect, the recordings of the 2020 University Sessions are available on the REPLAY section at: https://www.rsaeurope.org/news/the-rsa-europe-at-the-2020-euregionsweek/