Registration to #EURegionsWeek 2021 is now open!
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is a major annual event dedicated to regional policy. The week serves as a platform to discuss and showcase the development of EU Cohesion Policy and to raise awareness of the importance of regions and cities in EU policymaking. More information on the week can be found at https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/home_en. In 2021, the #EURegionsWeek will take place virtually.
The Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) is pleased to be working again as a key partner during the #EURegionsWeek. The #EURegionsWeekCollege and the #EURegionsWeekUniversity are organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
The following webinars are free to attend but as places are limited, we recommend signing up as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Alternative and local food systems (ALFS) in a post-COVID-19 World; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- EU Funds, Quality of Sub-national Institutions, Rule of Law and COVID-19 Recovery; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
- Supporting disabled and ethnic minority entrepreneurs: an engaged scholarship approach to inclusivity; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 14:30 – 16:00 CET
- Regional Growth Against All Odds; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 16:30 – 18:00 CET
- Are Integrated Sustainable Urban Development Strategies contributing to a more cohesive EU territory?; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- European stakeholder values regarding the Green Deal. Does space matter?; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
- The changing landscape of regional inequalities in the EU: economic, social and political dimensions; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 14:30 – 16:00 CET
- Digital tools for the recovery and resilience of cities and regions during and after a pandemic; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 16:30 – 18:00 CET
- Border regions as living spaces; Thursday, October 14, 2021, 9:30 – 11:00 CET
- Spatial Justice in Post-Pandemic Europe; Thursday, October 14, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
#EURegionsWeekCollege for PhD students and early career researchers
- Research for policy impact: the European Parliament; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
- Cohesion Policy and Academic Debate; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 11:30 – 13:00 CET
- A Conversation with…. Discussion on European Cohesion Policy with senior EU officials; Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 14:30 – 16:00 CET
RSA Europe exhibitor`s pitch
- This session is informal in nature and interactivity and questions to the speakers will be welcomed. It takes the form of TED style talk with a short and lively presentation followed by time for questions and comments from the audience: Putting universities in their place – maximising the role of universities in their regions; Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 9:30 – 10:30 CET
How to sign up? To register, please create your profile following the steps:
- To access the event on Swapcard, click here.
- Click on the button “JOIN THE EVENT” and enter your email, first name, family name and organisation.
- Your profile has been created and you are now registered to the event. You can complete your profile, browse the programme and register to sessions. Please be aware that the more complete your profile is, the better the automatic matchmaking tool will work and suggest participants to engage with.
- If you need more information on how to register and on how to use Swapcard, please read the available userguide.
- You can visit the platform any time before and during the event. The virtual exhibition will be accessible from Swapcard too from early October.
- Important: The registration platform is not supported by Internet Explorer, please use any other browser to log in to the event.